- This page is about the points used to boost. For the action of boosting, see Boosting.
Boost Points (or Boost) are gained by Drifting, successful Sideswipe Takedowns and Weapon attacks, Drafting, Airtime, and Spining. In ModNation Racers and ModNation Racers: Road Trip, players can store up to twenty-thousand Boost Points. In ModNation Racers for the PlayStation Portable, players can store up to sixty-thousand Boost Points instead and actions require a different amount than in the other games.
Boosting on command uses boost at a fixed rate. Some other actions also require boost points to use.
How to gain Boost PointsEdit
- Successful Sideswipes give you 3750 points for each racer you successfully hit.
- Being in the air for long enough will give you boost when you land. Longer airtime earns you more boost than short airtime.
- Drifting will give you boost when you exit the drift. Longer drifts earns you more boost than short drifts.
- Spining in the air, then landing facing the same direction as when you went into the air (a successful spin) will give you 2500 points for each full 360 degree spin.
How to lose Boost PointsEdit
- Unsuccessful Sideswipes will waste the 2500 points you used (ModNation Racers and ModNation Racers PSP only.)
- Getting hit by Weapons and other Resets caused by Props on the track (lose 1000 points)