This is the development history of ModNation Racers.
Inital IGN Video in E3 2009Edit
There are a lot of differences between the E3 version and the released version of ModNation Racers. Some of the older assets look like the assets on ModNation Racers for the PlayStation Portable.
- Tag is named Chase and has a blue body color.
- Nato is shown to have gray hair instead of his helmet, and his kart has a stock engine.
- The Mod Studio looks like the one in the final version of ModNation Racers PSP.
- The HUD style matches the PSP version, but not later versions of ModNation Racers on PS3, and all versions of ModNation Racers: Road Trip.
- There is text in the upper left corner of the screen, which is similar to the PSP version.
- There is a different background, which doesn't appear to match to any other version of ModNation Racers, new or old.
- The player went directly to Kart Studio from Mod Studio, without getting moved to any sort of a Create Station menu. This is impossible directly in the real game, as you will be in the Create Station menu when you exit the studio.
- The HUD Style is exactly the same as the Mod Studio in this version.
- The HUD in races is significantly different.
- The HUD in races is in the same style of the Mod Studio in this version (and thus the same style in the PSP version).
- The Position Bar is missing.
- Both the Boost Bar and the Position Text are completely different.
- The camera is different.
- The HUD Style matches the Mod Studio's Style in this version.